Shalom!



By the end of January, my boyfriend and I visited Israel. 
That was our last trip before… (you know). 
Maybe someday I’ll write sth about it. 
Middle East cuisine is one of my favorites, so no wonder, I was very glad. Nevertheless, you should have a lot of shekels there 
cause everything is quite expensive. 
I only could have afford the falafels. 
A year ago, a I made falafels for the first time. 
I had many attempts and that’s the ultimate result:

approx. 300g chickpeas
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/3  tsp cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
½  tsp black and / or colored ground pepper/ ground cumin
½ tsp hot pepper and sweet pepper
juice of 1 lemon + zest
parsley, coriander

Soak the chickpeas in cold water all night. Strain, rinse and blend together with the onion. Add parsley, soda, salt and the rest of the spices to the mass.
 Mix everything thoroughly and add 2 tablespoons of water. 
Cover tightly with foil and put in the fridge for half an hour 
or longer (optional). Shape your falafels. Fry or bake. 



P.S. If you haven't tried before freshly squezeed pomegranate juice you know nothing.
 That's the best drink ever! 
I've drank it for the first time in Georgia in December,
 one moth late I was drinking it every day in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. 


Comments